When Calls the Heart has all the makings for a great binge-watch: tons of mining town drama, heartfelt life lessons, and on-again, off-again romances. Plus, it's just about to start its eighth season on Hallmark Channel, which means there are dozens of episodes from the first seven to catch up on.
Whether you're totally new to Hope Valley or a loyal Heartie looking to revisit some of the show's best moments, you'll have to get creative to watch the entire When Calls the Heart catalogue. Luckily, we've rounded up all the ways you can watch the Hallmark standout — with or without cable.
Is When Calls the Heart on Netflix or Hulu?
As of right now, the first five seasons of When Calls the Heart are on Netflix, but that will soon change: On January 25, 2021, all five seasons are leaving Netflix. While fielding questions from disappointed Hearties, the show's official Instagram account confirmed that there are no plans to release the sixth and seventh seasons on Netflix — ever. Keep in mind that this news only applies to American viewers; the show will still be available on Netflix for other countries, such as Canada and United Kingdom.
The show has never been available to stream on Hulu, and as of right now, it doesn't look like that'll change anytime soon.
Where You Can Stream When Calls the Heart
Even though you can't count on Netflix and Hulu to get your Hope Valley fix, there are tons of other streaming services available to you. All of these options, however, require you to pay for each episode or season, which means you'll have to shell out some money upfront. The silver lining: You'll own the episodes, so you can re-watch them as often as you'd like.
Here's where you can stream When Calls the Heart right now:
- Amazon: Buy individual episodes for $2.99 or get an entire season for $19.99. All seven seasons are available to stream, and the season 8 episodes will be available to purchase the day after it airs on TV.
- VUDU: By far, the most cost-friendly option out there. The price of each season varies, starting as low as $12.99 for season 2.
- iTunes: Although you can buy each season for $19.99, you'll save big by picking up the season 1- 6 bundle for $59.99. Season 7 is slightly more expensive, priced at $21.99 for all 10 episodes.
- Google Play: Purchase individual episodes from seasons 1 - 7 for $1.99 each, or get a whole season for anywhere from $12.99 to $18.99.
- Hallmark Movies Now: If you just want to catch up on season 7, stream all 10 episodes on Hallmark's very own streaming service for $4.99/month. Or try a free seven-day trial and plan a weekend of binge-watching.
Season 8 of When Calls the Heart returns to Hallmark Channel on Sunday, February 21 at 9 p.m. ET / 8 p.m. CT. Following the premiere, new episodes will air on Sunday nights at 9 p.m. Even if you cut the cable plug, there are several ways you can watch the show when it's live on air or in the days following:
- Sling: For $35 a month, get all 33 channels a part of the Sling Orange Service — Lifetime, Hallmark, and ESPN — and an additional 10 channels, including Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Drama, as a part of the additional Lifestyle Extra package.
- Philo: For $20 a month, get 63 channels including all three Hallmark channels, HGTV, and Lifetime. You can also test it out with a free seven-day trial.
- Frndly TV: For just $5.99 a month, get 15 of cable's top channels — all three Hallmark channels included. Try it out with a free seven-day trial and connect it with Roku, Amazon Fire TV, or Chromecast.
- fuboTV: The family package – 122, including all three Hallmark channels — starts at $64.99 per month. Before you make the splurge, get a one-week free trial.